What is going on at the Depot
1. Our Curator (Steve Smith & his crew) are adding new displays, updating signs. They have a great poster board type display, that is very interesting.
2. The Stokoe display with all the signals outside, now has a display that shows you what the signals are used for. It is nice looking at them, but it helps to know why and when they are used.
3. The overlook at the Loop is coming along, it is a going to be a wonderful when completed and much safer.
4. Because of the popularity of the train cams, a monitor has been placed inside the Depot for viewing of the loop cam.
5. We try our best to bring you as much information as possible, so please come and visit us for the first time or come multiple times. Our Cashiers and Docents are the best and are very friendly. They are always happy to visit with you. I have attached some pictures of the Stokoe collection showing the new display.
“Santa Claus at the Depot” has been a popular Christmas tradition in Tehachapi for a number of years welcoming parents to have their child’s picture taken with Santa during December.
However, this year the Friends of the Tehachapi Depot has regrettably decided to cancel the event. We want to keep our visitors and volunteers safe during the Pandemic, and social distancing cannot be maintained under the circumstances. We are hopeful, however, that Santa will be able make a visit to our Depot next year.
In the meantime we have opened the Depot to visitors on weekends following Covid guidelines, and we will have our Christmas train on display throughout December for children of all ages to enjoy. So we welcome all to pay a visit to our Museum.